The moment a person hears the word ‘Shani’ or Dasha of Shani while getting analysis of horoscope, a fear grips their psyche. Because of the fear, the important requisites of putting efforts in right directions get missed and person starts feeling like a wretched moron.
Legendary story: Why ‘Drishti’ of Shani is Most dreaded?
As per puranic stories, Saturn (Shani) is the son of Surya (Sun) and Chhaya (Swarna). Although Chhaya greatly loved and revered her husband, secretly she felt afraid that Sun’s teja or agni would burn her. Due to this hidden fear, Saturn, their son was born with certain unfavorable traits for his father. Surya got sick upon birth of Shani due to latter’s aspect. Their relation is filled with conflicts. Whenever Saturn and Sun are found together, the effect is also seen in natives in the form of discord with father.
Later on in life, Saturn became an ardent devotee of Lord Krishna. Surya, his father married him to Chitrarath’s daughter who was very powerful and modest in conduct, in the hope of bringing back Shani to normal life. However, Shani continued his devotional worship towards Krishna. His wife wanted to have a son and expressed her desire to her husband Shani. Despite this, Shani kept ignoring her and became immersed in remembrance of Lord Krishna. Due to this, his wife cursed him that whoever, Saturn would cast glance on would fall prey to immense misfortune.
However, Shani convinced her to agreement but the curse could not be taken back. Thus, Shani (Saturn) kept his glance downwards to avoid hurting others. Thus, people on earth get neech drishti of Shani befall into immense misfortune.
Saturn: The Karaka Planet
- Saturn is the Karaka (causative )planet of 6th, 8th and 12th
- Saturn is also Karaka of ‘vairagya’(detachment) and spiritual journey.
- Saturn is also Karaka of birth of an individual (atma-karaka).
- Saturn is also the planet of karma.
- Saturn is associated with professions relating to sculpting, labour, farming.
- Saturn is Karaka for black gram, urad daal, brinjals, coal, jamun
Impact of Saturn
- Saturn in Capricorn or Aquarius, it is considered to be its own rashi.
- Saturn in Libra from 0-20 degrees is in exalted state.
- In signs that are opposite (180 degrees) to Libra i.e.in Aries sign (0-20 degrees), Saturn becomes very inauspicious.
Relationship with other Planets
Planets neutral to Saturn: Example Jupiter, Venus. The inborn relationship between Saturn and other planets is called as naisargik maîtri.
Saturn is friendly to planets that are three houses away (ahead and back) from its position in the horoscope. This is called tatkaalik maîtri (friendship with immediate). Apart from this naisargik maîtri is also a relationship observed among planets (natural or inborn friendship).
Based on these two kinds of maîtri, the final Panchadha maîtri is formed and is the final word for relationship between planets.
For example, Venus is tatkalic friend of Saturn (in second house ahead of Saturn’s position) and is neutral of Saturn in terms of naisargik maîtri. Thus, Venus is extremely friendly with Saturn as per panchadha maîtri.
Transit of Saturn
Transits of Saturn are analyzed considering Moon as the ascendant.
- When Saturn transits through the 3rd house, there will be tremendous success in all kinds of endeavors. Along with this, the native also gets immense wealth and health.
- Transit of Saturn in the 6th house leads to defeat of enemies and immense pleasures.
- In transit through 11th house, Saturn gets business, popularity, respect and immense financial gains.
- However, When Saturn transits 1st house, a native experiences bad health, discord and misunderstandings with family members, detachment from near and dear ones, loss of immunity, loss of wealth, general fatigue.
- There are no major problems during Saturn’s transit through 2nd
- In transit from 4th house, problems are encountered with women (opposite sex) and friend circle.
- When Saturn transits from the 5th house, native loses intelligence.
- During Saturn’s Transit from the 7th house, problems are encountered with members opposite sex, extreme travel, distress and anxiety. A person may be forced to stay away from home place.
- When Saturn transits through the 8th house, the native loses health, wealth and experiences loss of pets.
- In the transit through 9th house, a person gets afflicted by poverty and even death.
- Saturn’s Transit through the 10th house causes loss of wealth and honor in society.
- Saturn’s transit through 12th house is marked by conflicts and painful situations, wasteful efforts and diseases for spouse and children
If you want to know the effect of Saturn and other planets in your horoscope, consult best UK Astrology Services now. You will also get remedial solutions for all problems indicated in the horoscope.